Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Phnom Penh

This morning Robert and I left Bangkok at an early hour and flew to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. We'll be spending a little bit of time in this new country.

What I can say right now is that it's VERY HOT here. Bangkok was hot, too, but at least had frequent air-conditioning to help keep things feeling semi-normal. Here there doesn't seem to be so much AC. I can also say that there are lots of tasty baguettes. Ah, bread.

We did enjoy our ride from the airport to our guest house. Lots of new sights and sounds -- very different from Thailand! I haven't taken any photos yet, but I'm sure they will be forthcoming soon.

2 comments:

towwas said...

I love Cambodia! I visited several years ago when our mutual friend was there. It was just lovely. I started working out in my head how many freelance articles I'd have to write a year for magazines back home in order to live comfortably in Cambodia. (It wasn't a very large number.)

Emily said...

It is bloody HOT! We were drenched at Ankor Wat, but boy is it worth it! AMAZING! Can't wait to hear what you think.