Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Goodbye Northern Thailand


I'm sweaty, covered in dust and grime, and pretty tired after many hours of cleaning and scrubbing the little pink house. But it's nearly time to go, so I wanted to make one last post from our site. In just 16 hours we'll drive away from here for the last time!

Several people have asked if our departure from Thailand will be the end of this blog. The answer is No! I've still got much more to say about our time here, and at least 1,000 more photos to show. I'm also sure that being back in America will make me think about some different things, and start reflecting on this experience in some new ways. If you want to keep learning about Peace Corps Thailand, keep coming back.

We'll be in the country for a few more days, doing a little celebration and a lot of paperwork. Then we're off on some travels to other parts of southeast Asia for just a couple of weeks before finally flying home to the USA mid-April. I don't know how often I'll be writing, but keep checking back if you're interested in seeing where we are and what we're up to!

2 comments:

Stacey Pelika said...

Have a great trip, guys! And congrats on finishing up your service!

thailandchani said...

Safe, safe travels to you! I'll look forward to hearing more of your observations when you have a chance to post again.


Peace,

~Chani