Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Perfect Size


One thing Thailand does right is Dairy Queen Blizzard Sizes. There's a DQ at the Big C in our province, so every time we go to stock up on supplies I indulge in a little ice cream goodness.

This is a Thai small, for twenty-five baht, or about 76 cents in American money since the dollar dropped over the past few months. It's big enough to make you feel like you've had a real treat, but not so big that you're worried about calories or uncomfortably stuffed afterward!

You can get an "American" small-size DQ Blizzard in Thailand. It's called a "large"!

A little update on our air quality situation: yesterday morning the Peace Corps office called us to ask if we needed to evacuate. We declined, since we have too much to do during our last six days in our town, but I thought it emphasized the seriousness of the situation! I didn't see any ash falling yesterday, but the air isn't noticeably improved.

2 comments:

towwas said...

When I was in Japan, the guys I knew had all heard that cups were bigger at McDonald's in America. So when I went back for grad school interviews, they asked if I'd bring them a large. I got a super-size drink at a McDonald's in San Francisco (Spice helped me drink it). It looked like a freakin' bucket. I lugged it back to Japan, and they were suitably impressed.

Stacey Pelika said...

I recall purchasing a small fry at a Wendy's in Tokyo that contained about six fries (and probably cost $5). Think of how much smaller Americans would be if we had such reasonable portions! One thing I learned from TOWWAS: order the kids' meal!