Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Waterfall Massage


One of the joys of my life in Thailand has been the availability of cheap and excellent massages. Thai massage is different from the massage I have experienced in America. It involves a lot more pulling and pressing. Sometimes I wonder if my body parts will still all be connected afterward. Overall, though, it's a great experience.

In this photo I'm getting a full body massage at Chae Sorn National Park. Imagine lying on a soft mattress with a fan blowing over you, the sound of a waterfall nearby, and your muscles being kneaded gently. Or, perhaps they're being kneaded roughly, but they're getting some good treatment in any case. It's rather marvelous!

I have also opted for the foot massage, which is perhaps even more wonderful than the full body massage. This involves lots of foot lotion and strange wooden sticks, and not so much pulling.

Peace Corps Thailand -- where massage is a regular part of life.

1 comment:

LAV said...

massage... I'm jealous Kate. Say hi to my aunt & uncle & cousins for me!

laura valaas