Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Starting Up

After months of deliberation, I've decided to make the plunge and start a blog of my own. I realized how much fun I was having reading the blogs of my fellow volunteers here in Thailand, and wanted to throw in my own words. I hope it's enjoyable. My plan is to have a sort of "daily life" update, for those who may be interested. Not formal.

Currently it's about 8:30am on a Thursday. Robert has gone off to school and just called to inform me that his classroom is "the cleanest I've ever seen it," so he suspects the school district is paying a visit. They're doing the same at all of our other schools this month, so it makes sense. School district visits seem to result in a flurry of activity -- cleaning, decorating, etc. I'll be leaving for school myself shortly.

I'm very happy to say that the world map at one of my schools is about half done. I'll try to post some photos on this blog if I can figure out how to do so.

Our dinner last night included three delicious items. Sticky rice, of course. Pad prik -- a stir fry we eat with vegetarian "meatballs" and lots of peppers. And Pad pak ruam -- stir fried mixed vegetables. We bought it at the restaurant up the road and brought it home, which is our pattern about three nights a week. I've decided that while it's fun to learn how to cook Thai food, I just don't make it as well as the Thai people. Better to eat theirs. Plus it's cheap.

Must get ready for school now.

No comments: