Friday, January 26, 2007

Wednesday Lunches


Sometime during our early weeks at our site, I was sitting at a desk at the school district office and a woman came up to me. She introduced herself as "Pi Noy" and asked me a list of rather complex English questions. Upon further conversation, and discovering that I was a vegetarian, she invited Robert and I to her home for a vegetarian lunch. I can't remember what it was, but it was absolutely delicious.
For nearly two years now, Pi Noy has from time to time made lunch for us on Wednesdays, our office day. She never makes the same food twice. We've had kao soi curry, spicy tofu "laab" salad, "rad na" (noodles with gravy) over omelettes, and lots of other fancy dishes. Shown in this photo is a recent meal of eggrolls with peanut sauce. Pork-filled for Robert, and tofu-filled for me. I ate way too many!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds delicious. How nice that she does this for you. Now, that is something to miss.